Here are some things that managed to break through the fog of lethargy this week, for better or worse, whether they pissed me off or just made me go “Huh.”
- Too many people think almost exclusively in absolutes.
- As in, a sexist joke that isn’t an extremely sexist joke isn’t actually a sexist joke.
- Pepper jam is really good on pork chops.
- The blood-red moon really creeped me out the other day.
- Literally was literally redefined.
- I’ve had more plot and character ideas since I began writing in a journal every night before going to sleep.
- Most of what I wrote in my journal, until recently, was just nonsensical rambling. Although, said rambling did keep me from secretly wishing everyone in church was dead.
- Not having a “read more” button on any of my previous blog posts is really obnoxious.
- The Drew Carey Show is more depressing than it is funny. It’s also a lot dumber.
- I’m probably getting dumber, too.
- A headache I had yesterday intensified when I watched a little of Sherlock, then felt better when I watched more Drew Carey.
- The Great Gatsby is coming up a lot more in conversation and online than it usually does.
- I don’t want to finish Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince because I know what’s going to happen and I don’t want to go through it again.
- I also may have a little OCD (or something, whatever), because I didn’t want to leave this list without at least 10 items.
- After making this list, I looked at some of my pictures in order to set a featured image, and I found that I identified with a picture of the Joker.
- He just looks so serene.